Saturday, April 2, 2011

Springtime and Future Prospects

Normally, spring is the season in which I'm probably the happiest. I don't know if it's the hippie in me that likes nature coming back to life, or the warmer weather, or what, but I'm feeling a little bitter so far.

I graduate in May, but I doubt any good comes of it. It just means I'm going to have to start paying back the ridiculous amount of student loan money I borrowed. Plus, my degree (Professional Writing) pretty much amounts to zero job prospects.

I'm working and going to school all the time right now. I don't get out much. Instead, I stay home and put off doing my homework until the last minute.

I keep thinking about where I'm going to live after college. My lease is up in June, and I can't really afford to stay where I'm at. My likely roommates are kinda flaky so living arrangements, aside from just location, are unreliable at best.

Bah. I'm just complaining. It'll get better probably.

This summer will hopefully lead to me writing more since I'll be in "the real world." Monetary needs might just force my hand. I plan to publish some stuff on Kindle--a novella and some short story anthologies. I'll still be interning at Speeding Bullet, and with any luck, I'll be getting paid as well as getting my comic book idea written and published.

I'd like to get the band up and running. More guitar playing and songwriting will calm me down, I bet. If it really takes off, we'll need to get pics of the band before we can play anywhere. I'll hit up my buddy, Grace, and see if she can help us out on that. And we'll need to throw a demo together. Oh yeah, and find a drummer.

Finding a girlfriend wouldn't be a bad idea either. I'm kind of a dumbass in that department so we'll see how that goes.

I think I'm done here. I need to do some homework.

0 comments:

Post a Comment